Hit the road around 7:30am today and headed towards South Dakota. Not much to report, stopped at a truck stop called Little America for fuel and Marie talked to some other travelers about the 70 Eldo Caddy they are restoring when they retire.
Stopped in Casper WY for fuel and food, ate "linner" at Sanford's Grub & Pub, this was a site in itself with all of the old cars, trucks with alligators, sharks and cartoon characters.
Note: Everything on the menu was pretty much deep fried. Loved it!
Weather was really nice and got up around 85 degrees, it was nice to be able to turn the AC on. Even with the AC on I averaged 13.3 mpg. Elevation was around 6,000 feet most of the time getting as high as 7,400 feet. A big change from the sea level we are use to.
We are still about 2 hours from Mt Rushmore and Crazy Horse so tomorrow we will have something fun to do.
Bad news to report is I broke my phone, for some reason it will not charge anymore. Verizon is going to ship me a replacement phone to one of our stops along the way. Good news is I was able to forward my number to Marie's phone before it died so I will still get my calls. What is a vacation without a little drama.
That's it for today.
Steve & Marie

