Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday June 6th - Day 3 on the road and hauling ass

Day 3 - 362 Miles
Not as many miles today but we got to see some fun stuff.

First stop was Crazy Horse Monument in South Dakota.

Its been 30 years since I have been there and Marie has never seen it. Its quite a site however I don't think it will be completed with in the next three generations. Definitely a tremendous undertaking.

Next Stop was Mount Rushmore, wow they have really taken good care of it and the building for the gift shop, ice cream and diner are really nice.


Heading towards Sioux Falls SD we stopped at two road side attractions. The first was Town 1880, a replica of a 1880s town complete with Bank, Fire House, Saloon, Church, old trains and a tribute to the Kevin Costner move "Dances with Wolves".




The towns Saloon had cold drinks and Ice cream although I don't really think they had that way back then, but since it was a really hot a muggy day we did not mind.

Then onto Murdo SD to see the Pioneer Auto Show. Over 250 cars along with tractors and automotive collectibles. They had some interesting cars to look at including a 1970 Superbird, Shelby 500GT Mustang, Dukes of Hazard Charger, a Richard Petty tribute car and a Metropolitan that I know my friend Bryan would like.



 We hit the road again and drove threw the edge of a scattered thunder storm, man I got some really cool video of that I will have to edit down later.

Signing off
Steve & Marie