Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday June 9th - Day 6

Day 6 - 491 Miles - On the road again.

Today was another day of driving without much to see. We did stop at the IOWA 80 Truck Stop "Worlds Largest TruckStop"


Its a large store with showers, dentist, theater, truck parts, food court and of course souvenirs.


Good thing we stopped, I found that one of my clearance lights on the trailer was out and of course they had the bulb I needed to get it working again. We don't need to give the police a reason to pull us over, the color of the car is bad enough.


The truck shop area had three full size semi tractors, one had a 45 foot trailer attached. I'm sure they could fit a few more in there if they wanted to.


We stopped and had dinner at Cracker Barrel tonight. I had the Cracker Barrel sampler with dumplings, meat loaf and ham and Marie had soup and salad. Of course for dessert Marie got the Double Chocolate Coca Cola Cake to go. (she said it was on her bucket list ???)

Tomorrow will be the final run to MI for the car show.

Steve & Marie